We would like to keep you fully aware of how we are proactively responding to the COVID-19 outbreak. We are fortunate that we are in a peaceful part of a sparsely populated county and the virus has not affected us as much as many people. As a business that prides itself on excellent levels of cleanliness and service, we will continue to maintain our usual high standards as well as implementing new measures in line with the Government’s guidance on reopening.
We may be keeping a respectful distance, but that does not mean we cannot be sociable and we will endeavour to continue to deliver a friendly service.
We have received our confirmation of accreditation to the “We’re Good to Go” scheme supported by Visit Britain.
Deciding whether to book a stay
If you are undecided as to whether to book a stay with us, we hope that these notes will help:
Lily Pond Cottage:
- The check-in for Lily Pond Cottage is operated by a key safe, the number of which will be sent to you in advance of your stay.
- We have a large parking area in order to maintain social distancing between guests.
- Exclusive and private courtyard adjacent to the cottage with comfy rattan furniture.
- All appliances and kitchen equipment including pans etc. even if unused will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- All cutlery, plates, cups, glasses etc. even if unused will be washed in the dishwasher.
- Books, games and local information leaflets have been removed from the cottage.
- Non-essential kitchen equipment has been removed, however, please ask should you require anything specific and we will do our best to accommodate.
- We would kindly ask guests to strip their beds and place with all towels including those unused in the laundry basket provided.
The Swan Country House B&B:
- It is possible to stay with us without meeting other guests as we are only letting out one room at a time, unless for a family or group in line with Government guidelines. We also have a large parking area.
- A pre-ordered continental breakfast will be stored in your own private fridge in your room, with separate orders for hot pastries, bacon or sausage baps available and delivered outside your door in the morning. Individual packaged portions will be supplied where possible.
- All public surfaces and touchpoints will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each stay. Hand sanitiser will be available for guest use in the front porch.
- We would ask that you remain flexible regarding housekeeping – we will replace dirty cups etc. and remove rubbish, but we would prefer if these are left outside your door rather than us accessing your room during your stay.
- It may be necessary to make a late change of room for your stay if we are required to close a room for a period of time.
- B&B rooms will be left vacant for at least 48 hours between guests.
- The dining room is closed for serving breakfast, but the comfy seating area remains open and exclusive to the one room let, unless a family or group have booked.
- All linen and towels will be washed at higher than usual temperatures.
- All mattress and pillow protectors will be washed between stays.
- PPE equipment will be used for cleaning and maintenance and changed after each clean.
- The use of effective disinfectants and sprays.
- All cleaning cloths will be changed after each clean.
- Soft furnishings will be changed or sprayed after each change-over.
- We will inform you immediately if either of us has had to self-isolate within 2 weeks of your arrival date.
- We have reduced the chances of the virus entering the property by allowing people who have the virus to cancel and re-schedule subject to a nominal cost.
- Our check-in procedure promotes safe distancing whilst ensuring you have all the information you need for a great stay.
- Contactless payment where possible.
- All information will be sent to you via email in advance of your stay or can be found on our website.
- To facilitate contact tracing, we will ask all guests to supply their contact details in advance of their stay and we will retain these on our booking database.
- We are asking all guests to contact us up to two weeks after your stay if you have had to self-isolate so that we can manage communications to anyone who has a future booking.
Cancellation and Curtailment
We have amended our cancellation policy to 7 days prior to arrival, so you can cancel up to a week before your stay without incurring any costs. Should you decide to cancel within the 7 days, we will not refund your deposit. However, we will be more than happy to transfer your deposit to a later date.
If you come and stay with us but decide to cut your stay short due to coronavirus concerns, we will take payment for the period that you have stayed plus a small charge for costs already incurred as a direct result of your arrival. We will not charge you the nightly rate for nights on which you have not stayed.
As per our standard Terms and Conditions, we always advise that you take out travel insurance if you are concerned that you may need to cancel.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01597 821125 or email at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to this beautiful part of Wales.
Ian and Bridget
The Swan Country House B&B and Lily Pond Cottage
Last updated 6th July 2020