We would like to keep you fully aware of how we are proactively responding to the COVID-19 outbreak. We are fortunate that we are in a peaceful part of a sparsely populated county and the virus has not affected us as much as many people. As a business that prides itself on excellent levels of cleanliness and service, we will continue to maintain our usual high standards as well as implementing new measures in line with the Government’s guidelines.
We may be keeping a respectful distance, but that does not mean we cannot be sociable and we will endeavour to continue to deliver a friendly service.
We have received our confirmation of accreditation to the “We’re Good to Go” scheme supported by Visit Britain.
Deciding whether to book a stay
If you are undecided as to whether to book a stay with us, we hope that these notes will help:
The Swan Country House B&B:
- We have a large parking area in order to maintain social distancing between guests.
- We have a large dining area and additional snug so plenty of space between tables.
- Each dining table will have it’s own chilled fresh milk, juices, yogurts and fruit so there is no need to share from the buffet area.
- All public surfaces and touchpoints will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each stay. Hand sanitiser will be available for guest use in the front porch.
- We would ask that you remain flexible regarding housekeeping – we will replace dirty cups etc. and remove rubbish, but we would prefer if these are left outside your door rather than us accessing your room during your stay.
- It may be necessary to make a late change of room for your stay if we are required to close a room for a period of time.
- The dining room is closed for serving breakfast, but the comfy seating area and James Bond themed snug with log burner remains open.
- All linen and towels will be washed at higher than usual temperatures.
- All mattress and pillow protectors will be washed between stays.
- PPE equipment will be used for cleaning and maintenance and changed after each clean.
- The use of effective disinfectants and sprays.
- All cleaning cloths will be changed after each clean.
- Soft furnishings will be changed or sprayed after each change-over.
- We will inform you immediately if either of us has had to self-isolate within 2 weeks of your arrival date.
- We have reduced the chances of the virus entering the property by allowing people who have the virus to cancel and re-schedule subject to no cancellation fees.
- Our check-in procedure promotes safe distancing whilst ensuring you have all the information you need for a great stay.
- Contactless payment where possible.
- All information will be sent to you via email in advance of your stay or can be found on our website.
- To facilitate contact tracing, we will ask all guests to supply their contact details in advance of their stay and we will retain these on our booking database.
- We are asking all guests to contact us up to two weeks after your stay if you have had to self-isolate so that we can manage communications to anyone who has a future booking.
Cancellation and Curtailment
We have amended our cancellation, so you can cancel anytime without incurring any costs and all money will be refunded. Due to increasing demand, however, we will be more than happy to transfer your booking to a later date.
If you come and stay with us but decide to cut your stay short due to coronavirus concerns, we will take payment for the period that you have stayed plus any other costs incurred by you (eg packed lunch etc.). We will not charge you the nightly rate for nights on which you have not stayed.
As per our standard Terms and Conditions, we always advise that you take out travel insurance if you are concerned that you may need to cancel.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01597 821125 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to this beautiful part of Wales.
Ian and Bridget
The Swan Country House B&B and Lily Pond Cottage
Last updated 19th January 2020